HEY MUSICIANS! HEY COMPOSERS! HEY TEACHERS!
Want to record in Donau115 on a relaxed, come-as-you-like basis?
Want a place to work on music away from your apartment?
Need a room for teaching voice, piano, guitar, or other chamber music instruments?
Need a space to run teaching workshops for many students at once?
Have 110 euros a month to spare?
During hours in which Donau115 is not open as a bar or in use for service staff needs, we are inviting musicians, composers, music teachers, and podcasters to use our space.
For a 110 euros per month introductory rate*, each coworker receives the following:
– 6 hours of guaranteed scheduled you-only time per week for workshops or quiet recording sessions on the coworking Google Calendar
– Additional flex time on a first-come-first-served basis as available on the coworking Google Calendar
– open access to the space for writing, using the internet, hanging out with other musician coworkers who happen to be there while you’re waiting for your session or workshop, having a coffee, etc.
* (This number and some of these conditions might need to be adjusted after the first few months so we can make sure we’re providing a service you need at the right price. We are very open to your feedback at this stage, so if you have a different idea about this structure but would still like to use our space, get in touch.)
We’ve been investing in a lot of nice stuff for you to use over the past few months, including:
– our upright piano, tuned (sort of!) regularly
– our projector for running workshops
– a Zoom L12 12-track simultaneous pre-amp set/audio mixer and capture card
– a Zoom Q2N streaming camera
– a pair of KRK 5 monitor speakers
– Gefell UM70 large-diaphragm condenser microphone (basically the DDR version of a Neumann U87)
– SM7-B large-diaphragm dynamic microphone
– Oktava M 012 (matched pair) condenser microphones
– + more SM57/and assorted clones than you could ever need
– an XLR snake / plenty of decent XLR cables
– plenty of microphone stands
– a coffee machine
It’s by no means a high-end studio or teaching space, but there’s enough here to make a solid-sounding album of songwriter material or jazz or chamber music, and enough space to hold teaching workshops in a cozy environment that you can be proud of and charge for.
Get in touch with us quickly if any of this sounds appealing. Only a limited number of slots are available.
// // // //
Donau115 x Taco Kween
Starting this week Tue.-Sat. Donau115 is open from 18:00 on! Drop by for a drink, put some music on the stereo, and party (from a social distance) with us.
We are continuing with Taco Tuesday 18:00-22:00 and Saturday all day from 12:00 to 22:00 Brunch, Tacos and more!
Jorge a.k.a. Taco Kween is a Mexican food artist who recently started preparing food in our kitchen. Authentic Mexican food and homemade organic tortillas, tamales, frijoles negros, echt legit tomatillo salsa, all made with love by hand…it’s surreal to find food this warm and alive in a crusty Berlin jazz bar.
Reservations and more info are available here: https://www.tacokween.com/ We’ve also added Taco Kween-approved margaritas to the drink menu!!
// // // //
Sunday, 19th of June:
Kalle Zeier Live on Donau115 TV
Follow the link to watch: https://youtu.be/jKPcfjKNVb8
Kalle Zeier, Gitarrist und Komponist u.a. in Bands wie Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra und der Afro Funk Band Onom Agemo and the Discojumpers, spielt Eigenkompositionen und Improvisationen.
Beeinflusst von Musikern wie Fred Frith und Marc Ribot, geht es ihm darum, neue Klänge durch Improvisation zu erzeugen und somit etwas neues und immer wieder überraschendes entstehen zu lassen.
Die Musik lädt den Zuhörer dazu ein sich auf eine einzigartige und spannende, tranceartige musikalische Reise zu begeben.
Kalle Zeier-E-Gitarre, Loops, Toys, Synth
// ENG //
Kalle Zeier guitarist and composer of bands such as Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra and Afro Funk Band Onom Agemo and the Discojumpers, plays his original compositions and improvisations.
Influenced by musicians like Fred Frith and Marc Ribot, his aim is to create new Sounds through improvisation.
He invites the listener to go on an exciting and trance like musical journey.
// // // //